Frequently asked questions
Security Training South West Ltd is an Approved HIGHFIELD Centre. It is also an approved S.I.A. training provider. All of our tutors are qualified not only to teach in their chosen subjects but all have years of experience working in these sectors. We believe people learn more effectively in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with empathetic teaching. We cover: Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton and surrounding areas in Devon and Cornwall.
Security Training South West is a Devon based training provider that has a reputation for delivering quality training cost effectively. We specialise in security training, conflict management, customer service, first aid, personal licence holding. We run S.I.A. approved training courses every month in Exeter. We can also bespoke courses for companies.
Courses & Bookings
You can book here on our website or by calling us on
1. You will need to have 1 colour passport photograph (make sure if you wear glasses that you don’t have them on for the photo)
2. Your ID documents – they must be the ones stipulated in this document Two from group A or One from group A plus two from group B please note at least one of the documents must show your date of birth and at least one must show your current address. SIA will require One document from group A and Two documents from group B
3. If you have not already emailed your pre-course work bring it with you.
4. Paper and pen to take notes
5. Your own Personal Protective Equipment if you wish. Masks, gloves, temperature testing and sanitising liquid will be available.
If we need to cancel a course you will be given at least 2 working days’ notice in this event you would be entitled to a full refund or another course of dates suitable to you.
If you fail the course don’t worry, we will provide you with a free re-sit.
Payments & Refunds
We are able to take credit or debit card payments using the website via PayPal or Stripe. Bookings can either be paid in full or by deposit. If paying deposit only you will need to pay the remaining balance in cash on the first day of training. We are unable to accept card payments on the day.
You have a 14 day cooling off period in which to cancel your booking provided you have booked your course more than 14 days before the date your exam paper is ordered, you have the right to cancel the booking within those 14 days. After that, we are happy for you to cancel your attendance but ONLY up until the date the exam paper is purchased. Your deposit is non refundable once the exam paper has been purchased
You can pay by cash or bank transfer in full prior to training or on the first day of training. We are unable to accept card payments on the day.
I you are displaying any symptoms associated with Corvid 19 you MUST NOT attend the course but contact us and we will guarantee you a place on a future course.
High Temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
A New, Continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
A Loss or Change to your Sense of Smell or Taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
You must be temperature tested and complete and sign a Covid 19 Questionnaire Form on arrival at the venue.